A few weeks ago I had the honor of helping with and attending the School of Hope Kindergarten Graduation. The five-year old's have completed their Kindergarten year and will be moving up to First Grade and the main campus of school next year.
 |
| Singing, aren't they fancy and hilarious? |
Late in the afternoon, the Church Hall filled with excited Kindergartners and families, all eager to see the events unfold. The boys wore little ties or bow-ties while the girls sported fancy little dresses. They looked just like little princes and princesses! It was fun to see the families of my students all dressed up and excited for their little ones.
 |
| Me with Kindergartner Nara and her sister |
The ceremony began with a not-so-solemn procession of the graduates into their seats beside the stage. You can be sure that they waved at their families. There were poems, songs, dances and skits. I had the honor of helping to narrate the English play, Cinderella. That is right, my students memorized lines from a very simple version of Cinderella I found and performed it on stage with costumes and props. I was so proud of them! It was so clever that they managed to memorize whole lines of English that they certainly could not understand yet. Their parents were definitely impressed.
At the end the students were called up one by one to receive their certificates and shakes hands with the principal. It is likely the most adorable graduation ceremony I have been a part of to date!
No comments:
Post a Comment